MISSION: At Oasis of Hope, our mission is to bring individuals, families, and communities into a maturing relationship with Jesus Christ through praise centered worship and Bible-based preaching and teaching. We engage in global missions as well as community outreach programs, and we partner with other community organizations. Ultimately, our purpose is building God’s family by transforming lives.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Executive Pastor/Director of Church Administration is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of church staff, leading all functional areas to accomplish the church’s mission. This includes strategic planning, finance, legal affairs, administration, human resources, and operations.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY DUTIES:
- Meet on a regular basis with the Senior Pastor to clarify vision, goals, and strategy.
- Working under the direction of the Senior Pastor, taking primary responsibility for the preparation and policy management of the church budget in consultation with the appropriate staff members and/or committees.
- Attend meetings as a resource and for informational purposes and moderating in the absence of the Senior Pastor.
- Cooperate with the Senior Pastor by performing any other duties when asked.
- Supervise development and maintenance of the church facility.
- Supervise the work of the building superintendent, accounts manager, and executive assistant.
- Build solid staff relations by:
- Evaluating staff structure and proposing adjustments as needs arise.
- Working to resolve conflict.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the congregation and community.
Overseeing the Finances
- Ensure the appropriate accounting records are maintained including:
- General ledger
- Monthly income statements and balance sheets
- Bank accounts
- Investment and other special accounts
- Weekly approve accounts payable expenses and deposit receivables
- Coordinate the development and preparation of the church budget.
- Ensure that appropriate and adequate insurance coverages are in place including:
- Worker’s compensation
- Prepare financial information for the finance and budget committees and treasurer of the church.
- Prepare semi-annual budget and present it to the church congregation.
- Monitor the church’s contracts and recommend and/or initiate changes if needed.
- Annually prepare tax Form 941
Serve as resource person regarding legal and business matters of the church.
- Research new business procedures, computer techniques, financial programs, and salary surveys.
- Profess the Christian faith and affirm the mission and values of the Bible and Oasis of Hope Baptist church.
- Continuing in the development of a healthy relationship in their walk with Christ and a loving relationship with others.
- Faithful in morning worship service, in the growth ministries, and in giving.
Education and Experience
- Five years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or business-related area is preferred.
- Strong in the following areas: leadership, strategic planning, finance, legal affairs, administration, human resources, and operations.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign)
- Experience with church management software is highly desired, and the ability and willingness to become an expert-user is expected.
- Knowledge of general fiscal management principles, human resources management, (for example, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, etc.).
- Strong administrative, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a positive, efficient, effective, and independent manner, as well as in team-based settings.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discernment.
Successful individuals must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above-reproach character.